It is that time of year again. The school year is coming to an end and summer will be beginning! If you choose to purchase a gift for your child’s teacher, give the gift a personal touch by having your child make the card! And, be sure that you include a thought or two of your own appreciation on the card. You could even insert an entire letter. As a former classroom teacher, I can guarantee that, when it comes to teachers, it is the THOUGHT that counts.
Check out my pics for the best cards that your child can easily make to show appreciation for his/her teacher.
1. Give a finger print card – your child will have fun and it is personal! from mum in the mad house
2. Practice fine motor skills with button cards from here come the girls blog
3. All kids love bubbles and it is the season. Make a card with bubble print paper made by your child from The Chocolate Muffin Tree.
4. Make a heart envelope from a giant heart from TinkerLab.
5. Kids love printmaking. Make a potato heart printed card from STELLA123.
6. Wax resist card from Happy Hooligans.
7. Pop up card from A Touch of Home Learning with the Hickman Five.
8. Give them an end of year hug! with this great idea from Paging Supermom!
9. Make a kids’ puzzle into a card for your the teacher from And Next Comes L.
10. Turn a kids’ craft into a great card cover with this adorable fork flower from Sassy Dealz.
My top picks for the purchased gifts to accompany the handmade card
1. any coffee shop or local cafe gift card
2. a book for the classroom
3 summer essentials such a creams and lotions
4. Pooled money gifts – have the parent rep for the class take up a collection and purchase something FANTASTIC!