It is that time of year again that the school year is coming to an end and summer is beginning! Have you thought about what you will be giving your child’s teacher as an end of the year gift? If you choose to purchase a gift for your child’s teacher, give the gift a personal touch by having your child make the card. Here are some inspiring ideas to get the card making started.
1. Make finger print cards – your child will have fun and it is personal! from Mum in the Mad House.
2. Practice fine motor skills with button cards from Here Come the Girls Blog.
3. All kids love bubbles. Make a card with bubble print paper made by your child from The Chocolate Muffin Tree.
4. Make a heart envelope from a giant heart from TinkerLab.
5. Have you tried printmaking with your kids yet? Make a potato heart printed card from STELLA123.
6. Try wax resist and make a card from Happy Hooligans.
7. Make a pop up card from A Touch of Home Learning with the Hickman Five.
8. Give them an end of year hug! with this great idea from Paging Supermom!
9. Make a kids’ puzzle into a card for your the teacher from And Next Comes L.
10. Turn a kids’ craft into a great card cover with this adorable fork flower from Sassy Dealz.
I did a little research and it seems that the most mentioned gifts on the web are the following:
1. Any coffee shop or local cafe gift card
2. A book for the classroom
3 Summer essentials such a creams and lotions
4. Pooled money gifts – have the parent rep for the class take up a collection and purchase something FANTASTIC!